- Anti Cancer : Avocados have numerous phyto-nutrients which not only prevent Prostate Cancer but also repair the damaged cells. It also reduces the risk of Oral Cancer. Many studies have shown that avocado can inhibit the growth of cancerous cells without damaging the healthy cells. The oleic acid (also found in olive oil) in this fruit is effective in preventing Breast Cancer.
- Anti-Diabetic Value : Avocado also lowers the triglycerides in the blood and thus is useful for Diabetic patients.
- Anti-Aging : Being rich in Antioxidants, avocado is helpful in preventing aging symptoms. The glutathione in avocado boosts Immune Systems, slows the aging process, and encourages a healthy Nervous System.
- Cholesterol Regulator : The monosaturated fats in avocados not only help in reducing LDL cholesterol but are also good for the heart.
- Hypertension : Avocado contains 30% more Potassium than banana. The High Potassium content helps in regulating Blood Pressure and prevents Circulatory diseases.
- Helpful for Pregnant Woman : Avocados are good for Pregnant Women since the high folate content in them helps in the development of brain and other tissues of the baby. The B6 vitamin in these fruits may help in reducing nausea that is associated with pregnancy.
- Helpful for Eye : Avocados have more of the carotenoid lutein than any other commonly consumed fruit. Lutein protects against macular degeneration and Cataracts, two disabling age-related Eye Diseases.
- Improve Digestive System : The nutrients and enzymes in avocado soothes the condition of inflamed mucous lining in the stomach and small intestines. It also improves the body’s ability to absorb carotenoids and nutrients.
- Improve Nutrition Absorption : Research has found that certain nutrients are absorbed better when eaten with avocado. In one study, when participants ate a salad containing avocados, they absorbed five times the amount of carotenoids (a group of nutrients that includes lycopene and beta carotene) than those who didn't include avocados.
- Anti-Oxidant : It is a powerhouse of vitamin E which protects our Skin from free radicals.
- Improve Breath : Avocado is very effective in stopping Bad Breath.
Monday, 25 June 2012
Avocados are rich in vitamins A, C, and E and are full of other nutrients like potassium. They contain folate, monosaturated fats and Antioxidants. Regular consumption of avocados helps us in many ways.
- Protective against Postmenopausal Breast Cancer : Results of a prospective study involving postmenopausal women for an average of 34% reduction in breast cancer risk for those consuming the most fruit fiber compared to those consuming the least. Fruits richest in fiber include apples, dates, figs, pears and prunes.
- Cardiovascular Effects : Fig leaves have been shown to lower levels of triglycerides (a form in which fats circulate in the bloodstream), while in vitro studies, fig leaves inhibited the growth of certain types of cancer cells. Researchers have not yet determined exactly which substances in fig leaves are responsible for these remarkable healing effects. Besides their Potassium and Fiber content, figs is a good source of the trace mineral Manganese.
- Asthma : Figs are considered beneficial in the treatment of asthma. Phlegmatic cases of cough and asthma are treated with success by their use. It gives comfort to the patient by draining of the phlegm.
- Hypertension : Deficiency of potassium or low intake of potassium-rich foods can lead to high blood pressure. Figs are very good source of potassium which helps to control high blood pressure.
- An Insulin-Lowering Qualities of Leaves : The leaves of the fig tree as one of fig's edible parts. But in some cultures, fig leaves are a common part of the menu, and for good reason. The leaves of the fig have repeatedly been shown to have anti-diabetic properties and can actually reduce the amount of insulin needed by persons with diabetes who require insulin injections. In one study, a liquid extract made from fig leaves was simply added to the breakfast of insulin-dependent diabetic subjects in order to produce this insulin-lowering effect.
- Bone Density Promoter : Figs are a fruit source of calcium, a mineral that has many functions including promoting bone density. Additionally, figs' potassium may also counteract the increased urinary calcium loss caused by the high-salt diets, thus helping to further prevent bones from thinning out at a fast rate.
- Weight Loss : Fiber and fiber-rich foods are helpful to lose weight. Figs are excellent source of dietary fiber and a great food for weight management.