This skill requires great strength of the hands, forearms and upper body.
Easy Steps for Hand Walking
- First practice by doing push ups in various positions including in a handstand.
- Practice the handstand against the wall - get confident and also build up your strength.
- Hold Position : Keep your legs straight up and balance yourself. Hold your legs together for balance and steadiness. Once you’re feeling comfortable, allow your spotter to let go.
- Then try your hand walking. You may need to practice your balance but walking on your hands actually helps with the balance.
- Roll out when you are finished : Bend your legs back down from the waist and plant your feet on the ground.
- As you start moving around, you will need to constantly adjust your legs and torso to stay balanced. If you start to tip back in the direction of your stomach, move your legs more over your head.
- The goal is to find your sweet spot, which means to center your body's weight as directly over your hands as possible.
- Try to keep your hands directly under your feet at all times. When trying to walk forwards, tilt your body forwards slightly and then move your hands to be underneath your body, and repeat.
- It will help to improve muscular strength and endurance of the both the upper and lower body.
- During hand walking, you are able to strengthen the muscles in your arms and tone your legs
- While walking on hands can increase energy expenditure and improve our circulatory systems. This increased energy expenditure can help you burn more calories.